Lehman Alum Returns to the Multimedia Center

The Lehman Multimedia Center was happy to welcome back a recent graduate, Jeffrey Edison.  For the last two years, Jeffrey has been successfully working as a camera operator for ESPN, in Bristol Connecticut.  Luckily for us, Jeffrey returned to meet with a small group of students and let them pick his brain. 

For over an hour, Jeffrey explained his role at ESPN - providing an overview of his responsibilities, proper etiquette, and the experience as a whole.  The students had plenty of...

Read More »
0 Comment »

The Bacon Brothers at Lehman College on BronxNet

This September, the performance of the Bacon Brothers at the Lehman College Multimedia Center will be airing on BronxNet.  Join Lehman College alumnus and Distinguished Lecturer Michael and his brother Kevin as they sing a few songs and answer questions about their music and careers. Joe Mennonna accompanies them on the keyboard. 

In the Bronx, you can watch their show on Cablevision channel 67, and Verizon FiOs channel 33.  You can also watch online at http://www.bronxnet.org/livestream-67-33. ...

Read More »
0 Comment »

Not Just A Former Athlete

So I certainly can't take credit for finding out about this story through good old fashioned journalistic know-how and fact gathering, but it's one that I felt deserves sharing nonetheless (hat tip to Lehman head track coach Lesleigh Hogg for sharing).

The term student-athlete is often thrown around by institutions of higher learning as a nice marketing term to insist that those who dedicate so much of their time and effort on the playing field are also dedicated students.  It might be a...

Read More »
1 Comment »

Lehman College Alumni ~ Share Your Stories

"Lehman has taught me the true meaning of social work: to make a difference in one's life." (Social Work '10)

"The greatest experience in my life." (Computer Science '99)

"Brilliant faculty, affordable tuition and a beautiful campus, as it remains today." (Literature '96)

“Some of the best years of my life were while I was a student here." (Political Science '86)

"I received a stellar education in Nursing, which helped me have a very successful career." (Nursing '74) 

0 Comment »

What Makes Counselor Education/School Counseling at Lehman Special

Hi everyone and Happy National School Counseling Week!

I am honored to be the first School of Education faculty blogger for CUNY Lehman College. The Counselor Education/School Counseling Program is in the Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education Department and our department office is Carman Hall B-20.  What makes our program special includes our focus on transformed school counseling and college and career access/readiness/success for all K-12 students. Professional School...Read... Read More »
0 Comment »