The Power of Education 2...

Ever since I became a Lehman College student, I have been lucky enough to have encountered some very strong professors. As a student returning to college after a 15 year  hiatus, I have to be real and say that I am finding that my education here is not opening my eyes to any new or unlearned ideas and theories but is validating and giving a voice to the lessons that I have learned throughout my lifetime so far. When I say this, I mean no disrespect. I think that this is the greatest...

Read More »
1 Comment »

5 Years and Off

I have spent 9 semesters at Lehman, and I AM FINALLY GOING GRADUATE!  But I am glad that I ended up at Lehman. My experiences have been great. As a freshman, I knew I wanted to go into political science and save the world, but joining Student Government actually got me working. It helped me realize that networking has the word "work" in it for a reason. Since I was able to get to know so many people and organizations, I was able to create my own major, study abroad on a full scholarship, and...

1 Comment »

The Power of Education

First, let me say welcome back to everyone!!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful, relaxing and productive summer. As always, I will be keeping everyone posted on all of the new developments involving education, primarily public education here New York and throughout the country.

For those who are a little out of the loop, there have definitely been some interesting things going on in regards to education. One that I have to say that I'm very excited about is President Obama's Executive Order...

0 Comment »

HOT FUN IN THE SUMMER TIME

Sly and the Family Stone was not present on the  campus, but "Hot Fun in the Summertime" was our motto for Lehman College Now Summer Programs. Because students involved in our programs realized that learning is fun!

This summer over 65 students from NYC public high schools came to the Lehman campus during summer session II and enrolled in courses in Biology, Chemistry and Geographical Sciences as part of our Summer Science Academy. In addition, we have over 85 students enrolled in our Summer...

0 Comment »

Celebrating 20 years of Media Production Training and Access in 2012: BronxNet at Lehman College

In 1992 BronxNet began training Lehman College students and the general public in media production. These workshops took place as the BronxNet TV studios were being set up on the campus in the sub-basement of Carman Hall.  20 years later, BronxNet has trained and provided services to almost four thousand students, and thousands more of the general public.  With tens of thousands of programming hours produced, and thousands of careers launched, this exemplary partnership between Lehman College...

1 Comment »

The School of Continuing and Professional Studies Welcomes All

At the School of Continuing and Professional Studies the door is open to ALL--from grade school students to active seniors, undergraduates, international students, new and established small business owners, union and industry partners, students seeking new careers, and many others.

I've worked with our programs as an administrator, researcher, and program developer and coordinator since 1981 and have seen exciting developments along with the steady growth of our school which now serves...

Read More »
1 Comment »