The Power of Education

First, let me say welcome back to everyone!!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful, relaxing and productive summer. As always, I will be keeping everyone posted on all of the new developments involving education, primarily public education here New York and throughout the country.

For those who are a little out of the loop, there have definitely been some interesting things going on in regards to education. One that I have to say that I'm very excited about is President Obama's Executive Order...

0 Comment »

Politics and Education...

I came across this article New York City bans mention of dinosaurs, dancing, birthdays and more on students tests and wanted to share this with everyone. With everything that's going on concerning education in NYC, I find it kind of interesting that certain words are being banned from student exams. I mean really, dinosaurs? What's wrong with the word dinosaur being on an exam? And banning the word dancing, why?

There is a lot of debate going on about teacher evaluations and student exams....

1 Comment »

On-line Charter Schools...

I came across this article in the New York Times not too long ago and felt that it was an appropriate topic of discussion for the School of Education students here at Lehman. What will public school education look like in the future? 

I know that as future educators, we are a little anxious about what is going on in regards to education reform especially as it pertains to teacher evaluations. While it is true that something has to be done to ensure all children have access to...

Read More »
0 Comment »