HOT FUN IN THE SUMMER TIME

Sly and the Family Stone was not present on the  campus, but "Hot Fun in the Summertime" was our motto for Lehman College Now Summer Programs. Because students involved in our programs realized that learning is fun!

This summer over 65 students from NYC public high schools came to the Lehman campus during summer session II and enrolled in courses in Biology, Chemistry and Geographical Sciences as part of our Summer Science Academy. In addition, we have over 85 students enrolled in our Summer...

0 Comment »

Celebrating 20 years of Media Production Training and Access in 2012: BronxNet at Lehman College

In 1992 BronxNet began training Lehman College students and the general public in media production. These workshops took place as the BronxNet TV studios were being set up on the campus in the sub-basement of Carman Hall.  20 years later, BronxNet has trained and provided services to almost four thousand students, and thousands more of the general public.  With tens of thousands of programming hours produced, and thousands of careers launched, this exemplary partnership between Lehman College...

1 Comment »

NATIONAL TRIO DAY 2012

The Institute for School College Collaboratives is involved with a number of programs (including College Now) at Lehman College to help high school students prepare for the next stage of their academic lives. One such program is the TRIO Program, and my colleague Ms. Traci Palmieri informed me of some incredible work her students were involved with for National Trio Day. I will let Traci take over from here....

"I just wanted to take this time to share with all of you some information about...

2 Comment »

Looking at Lehman

Welcome to Jean Geiger's blog about people and places at Lehman College!  I want to share with you the sights and sounds here on campus. I may write about the people I meet or the things I see. Each post will be a little taste of what Lehman is like. I hope they will entice you to visit our historic campus or, if you are already part of the Lehman community, to see it with fresh eyes.

3 Comment »