Another Snowstorm Visits the Lehman Campus

Thursday saw another snowstorm bring heavy snow to the Lehman Campus. At one point, the visibility was reduced to near zero as an intense band dumping snow at a rate of 3”-6” per hour moved across the campus.

By the time the storm departed Friday morning before sunrise, just over a foot of snow had fallen on campus. All the trees and buildings were plastered with wet snow as the sun rose in the wake of the storm.

Previously, I had blogged about the return of severe cold to the New York...

0 Comment »

Seven Lehman Spring '13 Tech Initiatives

imageA key goal at Lehman is to ensure that our students have access to the technologies and resources they need in a world that is increasingly fast-paced, mobile and hyper-connected.  We are pleased to share several planned technology initiatives as Lehman's spring semester gets underway. These projects reflect a collaborative effort across campus departments to enhance student success:

1)  Our Mobile Printing pilot is now available to all students. This initiative allows students to launch a...

Read More »
0 Comment »

Sandy's Impact Shows Region's Hurricane Risk

With its roaring winds, battering waves, and sweeping surge, Sandy reminded New Yorkers that hurricanes are not a rarity in the New York Metropolitan Area. Whether Sandy will officially be classified as a hurricane at landfall or a powerful post-tropical cyclone in the final analysis is a technical issue that changes little. The risk of tropical cyclone impacts is real.

Since 1800, New Jersey, New York, and/or Connecticut have experienced 19 hurricanes (Category 1 or stronger winds). Seven...

0 Comment »

Blossom by blossom the spring begins!

For winter's rains and ruins are over,
    And all the season of snows, and sins;
  The days dividing lover and lover,
    The light that loses, the night that wins;
  And time remembered is grief forgotten,
  And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
  And in green underwood and cover
    Blossom by blossom the spring begins.

(excerpt from Chorus of "Atalanta in Calydon" by Swinburne, Project Gutenberg, public domain)

The now somewhat infamous tree outside the window of my office in Shuster...

Read More »
5 Comment »

Looking at Lehman

Welcome to Jean Geiger's blog about people and places at Lehman College!  I want to share with you the sights and sounds here on campus. I may write about the people I meet or the things I see. Each post will be a little taste of what Lehman is like. I hope they will entice you to visit our historic campus or, if you are already part of the Lehman community, to see it with fresh eyes.

3 Comment »