5 Years and Off

I have spent 9 semesters at Lehman, and I AM FINALLY GOING GRADUATE!  But I am glad that I ended up at Lehman. My experiences have been great. As a freshman, I knew I wanted to go into political science and save the world, but joining Student Government actually got me working. It helped me realize that networking has the word "work" in it for a reason. Since I was able to get to know so many people and organizations, I was able to create my own major, study abroad on a full scholarship, and...

1 Comment »

Obscura, Spring 2012

obscura spring 2012Obscura, the literary magazine of Lehman College is edited and produced by Lehman students, and solely features the writing, artwork, and photography of our students and alumni.

The Spring 2012 issue is now available. If you would like to receive a hard copy of the magazine, contact the Department of English at 718-960-8556, or stop by Carman Hall, Room 302.

This issue also features work by two high school students, as a result of our growing partnership with the NYC Lab School for...

Read More » » Read More »
0 Comment »

School Counselors as Allies to LBGTIQ youth and families

As a school counselor educator, I've focused on two lines of scholarship--transforming the school counseling profession with school counseling program interventions to help close achievement and opportunity gaps and supporting the needs of LBGTQIA students and families. One of the great things about being a faculty member is having the time to pursue not only research and scholarship but to work with our graduate students and professional colleagues in school counseling to create the next...

2 Comment »

What Makes Counselor Education/School Counseling at Lehman Special

Hi everyone and Happy National School Counseling Week!

I am honored to be the first School of Education faculty blogger for CUNY Lehman College. The Counselor Education/School Counseling Program is in the Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education Department and our department office is Carman Hall B-20.  What makes our program special includes our focus on transformed school counseling and college and career access/readiness/success for all K-12 students. Professional School...Read... Read More »
0 Comment »