Jean Geiger

I am an Assistant Registrar who manages the course schedule and assigns classroom space.  My association with CUNY goes back to high school and includes a Bachelor's degree from Hunter and a Master's from Queens.

When I am not at my desk in Shuster Hall, I enjoy walking on the Lehman campus, teaching a class on mystery fiction at Bronxville Adult School, and jewelry-making.  I am also a freelance editor, working with authors who self-publish their e-books.

I am so looking forward to the...
Read More »
0 Comment »

Blossom by blossom the spring begins!

For winter's rains and ruins are over,
    And all the season of snows, and sins;
  The days dividing lover and lover,
    The light that loses, the night that wins;
  And time remembered is grief forgotten,
  And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
  And in green underwood and cover
    Blossom by blossom the spring begins.

(excerpt from Chorus of "Atalanta in Calydon" by Swinburne, Project Gutenberg, public domain)

The now somewhat infamous tree outside the window of my office in Shuster...

Read More »
5 Comment »

Looking at Lehman

Welcome to Jean Geiger's blog about people and places at Lehman College!  I want to share with you the sights and sounds here on campus. I may write about the people I meet or the things I see. Each post will be a little taste of what Lehman is like. I hope they will entice you to visit our historic campus or, if you are already part of the Lehman community, to see it with fresh eyes.

3 Comment »