Welcome...

Hi!! My name is Natisha Jordan. I am a sociology major with a minor in education. I am currently in my sophomore year and I'm a Careers In Teaching Student. I also work as a college assistant for the School of Education. I'm a single mom, raising a beautiful 2 year old son- D.J. I love discussing/debating topics and issues relating to education reform and policy and; I look forward to engaging in some interesting conversations with my Lehman College community!!
Read More »
0 Comment »

The Power of Education 2...

Ever since I became a Lehman College student, I have been lucky enough to have encountered some very strong professors. As a student returning to college after a 15 year  hiatus, I have to be real and say that I am finding that my education here is not opening my eyes to any new or unlearned ideas and theories but is validating and giving a voice to the lessons that I have learned throughout my lifetime so far. When I say this, I mean no disrespect. I think that this is the greatest...

Read More »
1 Comment »

The Power of Education

First, let me say welcome back to everyone!!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful, relaxing and productive summer. As always, I will be keeping everyone posted on all of the new developments involving education, primarily public education here New York and throughout the country.

For those who are a little out of the loop, there have definitely been some interesting things going on in regards to education. One that I have to say that I'm very excited about is President Obama's Executive Order...

0 Comment »

Politics and Education...

I came across this article New York City bans mention of dinosaurs, dancing, birthdays and more on students tests and wanted to share this with everyone. With everything that's going on concerning education in NYC, I find it kind of interesting that certain words are being banned from student exams. I mean really, dinosaurs? What's wrong with the word dinosaur being on an exam? And banning the word dancing, why?

There is a lot of debate going on about teacher evaluations and student exams....

1 Comment »

On-line Charter Schools...

I came across this article in the New York Times not too long ago and felt that it was an appropriate topic of discussion for the School of Education students here at Lehman. What will public school education look like in the future? 

I know that as future educators, we are a little anxious about what is going on in regards to education reform especially as it pertains to teacher evaluations. While it is true that something has to be done to ensure all children have access to...

Read More »
0 Comment »

What Makes Careers in Teaching Special...

Since Lehman is a commuter college, it gets kind of tough connecting with other students. Many of us are students as well as parents who also work. Trying to take the time to get to know one another can be hard, which leads me to explaining why the program that I'm a part of, Careers in Teaching, is important as well as special.

0 Comment »